Facilitator FAQs

Do I need a Facilitator in my unit?

Facilitators in each department have the ability to update and track their faculty’s and staff’s MLearning accounts and transcripts, run compliance reports, schedule faculty and staff into classes, and set up department training requirements. A Facilitator can also help you maintain your faculty and staff list correctly.

Back to Top

How do I become a Facilitator?

To get MLearning Facilitator access, you have to complete a Facilitator training class. Enroll in a class by logging in to MLearning, search for MLRN-80888 MLearning Facilitator Training in MLearning. After completing this class, you’ll receive Facilitator access in MLearning. An individual can have both Manager and Facilitator access in MLearning.

Back to Top

How do I get access to all of my faculty and staff?

Access to view, modify, or update faculty and staff information or learning plans is based on what organizations (formerly known as domains) that you have access to. If you are not seeing all of the faculty and staff that you are expecting to, you may simply need to have additional organizations assigned to you. To have additional organizations assigned to you, call us at 615-5146 or send an email to mlearninginfo@umich.edu requesting additional access. You will need to provide us with the six digit organization number, not the short code.

Back to Top

How do I get my in-services/faculty and staff meetings up on MLearning?

Inservices are called Instructor-Led Training (ILT) courses in MLearning.

How to add an Instructor Led Training Course to MLearning

Back to Top

If Learners do not pre-enroll or register, how can they receive credit for attending a class?

If you need to account for Learners who show up to a class, but have not registered or pre-enrolled, you can print and use this Participant Sign-In Sheet to record their attendance prior to post enrolling them for credit at a particular session.

Back to Top

What happens when one of my faculty or staff is terminated?

When employees are terminated from UMHS, they will be automatically retired from MLearning once HR processes the termination in MPathways. If you are still seeing terminated employees in your faculty and staff list, contact MCIT to ensure that their level 2 access is terminated from your department and contact HR to ensure they’ve properly terminated the appointment. If they are terminated in MPathways, but are still showing up as active in MLearning, contact us at mlearninginfo@umich.edu. Provide the faculty or staff person’s name and uniqname (or UMID).

Back to Top